Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Books and Gossip Girl

 Books

Recently I have just started back into my one of my favourite hobbies in the world. Reading.
At the moment I am reading 'The Wettest County in The World'.

 
It has been adapted into the film Lawless (starring Tom Hardy my love). I have already seen the film and I wanted to know more about the family so I got myself the book. I find prohibition to be a very interesting period of time. Maybe it's because I'm Irish and the thoughts of a ban on alcohol
is alien to us but that would probably be a good thing however, that really is a whole other story!

I also have several other books to read.
  • The House by A O' Connor
  • All Gods Dead by Marian O' Neill
  • The Face by Dean Koontz
  • The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
  • Thanks for the Memories by Cecelia Ahern
  • Devil Bones by Kathy Reichs

I don't have a particular genre of books that I lean towards over others, I just like a damn good story. Hopefully these hold my attention. I don't like starting a book and not finishing it no matter how bad yet it does happen.


Gossip Girl

*sigh* GG is back for its sixth and last season. 10 episodes is what they are leaving us with. I for one am going to miss Chuck Bass. Will he give us the infamous 'I'm Chuck Bass' line this season? Serena van der Woodsen has always had serious man drama but it's her hair and clothes I have always envied. I am hoping for a return to form of the glory days. Scheming. Oh boy did I love Blair's scheming. How she made many a grown-up quiver with her plots and schemes. Season 6 brings us the 'will they/won't they' for Chuck and Blair. I am all about Chair. Just get together already! Dan was a serious lack in judgement for our Queen Bee. She belongs with Chuck and that's final!
I can see Dan and Serena getting together and then at the same time I can't. It's Serena's bad bad taste in men and Dan's lack of conviction. Just fecking be a man Humphrey! Mmmh then we have Nate. Ivy or Charlie. Do you know what? I couldn't give a damn, he had such a shocking last few seasons, he has become a minor character in my eyes. Chace Crawford is a hottie but unfortunately that's all the writers seem to using him for because his story lines have been cat. Liz Hurley, seriously? Maybe things might turn around for him this season.
I am off to finally watch the first episode of the LAST EVER SEASON of Gossip Girl. Getting emotional even thinking about it. I don't think I have been dramatic enough about this at all. I will of course finish this post in the only way I can. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment