Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Music of the Week



This list isn’t in any particular order. It’s just 5 songs I’ve been listening to a lot lately. You might find something you like whether it's a new or old favourite or perhaps a song you never heard before :) All opinions welcome. I know everyone has different tastes. Anyone been listening to anything different? I'd love to hear what others are listening to.

This week I have mostly been listening to...

5) Mumford & Sons - The Boxer




Not much else can be say for these lads can there?  Covers are always tough but these lads went beyond the call of duty. Stunning. P.S. Is Marcus married to Carey Mulligan? I still thought she was with Shia LaBeouf, I'm way behind!

 4) Rascal Flatts - Bless The Broken Road



I admit I had never heard of this beauty until District3 (GMD3) sang it on X Factor. Love those boys! And thank you for introducing me to this.

3) Adele – Skyfall


Finally a Bond song like the good old days. I have seen all the Bond movies and the songs from the last few have been just.... ick. Madonna being the prime example. Fair play to ya Adele, you haven’t failed us yet.

2) Brandi Carlile – The Story


I had been looking for this song for months. I heard it on an ad but I couldn’t remember the lyrics to google it. I could only remember the melody. I was watching The Lucky One (Zac Efron you babe!) one night and lo and behold what song was over the closing credits. And yes this was also featured in that musical episode of Grey's Anatomy. Dr. Hunt singing still makes me laugh!

1) The Wanted - I Found You



I just love these lads to bits!!! And daaamn, Nathan is scorching hot in this video. Oh my! I didn’t think I could ever love the chorus but of course I do. Just listen for Nathan’s solo. The boy’s got pipes!  

No comments:

Post a Comment