Thursday, January 3, 2013

Books I Read in 2012

I only read 8 books last year. That is a very poor return. I should take a photo of the stack of books I want to read. Make that stacks! I can't be too hard on myself though because I did somehow convince myself to not read any books, other than college ones, until I was finished college.



The Hunger Games trilogy: The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay- Suzanne Collins.
I loved them. I haven't given them away like I usually do with books because I feel like these are books I will read again and again. Much like the Harry Potter books.

This Child of Mine - Sinead Moriarty
I read this book in 2 days, I could not put it down. Very emotional and a few tough subjects written about but I needed to know what was going to happen to the three main characters. I recommend it but be prepared to cry!

Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy
Do I need to say anything about these? Read them in about 10 days. I think I skipped a lot of the story. Boring! The last book had a good storyline if it wasn't for all the weird sex, her being weird, him being weird, everyone being weird. Good thing I didn't buy these books! I will not be reading these again.

Relentless - Dean Koontz
I normally like Dean Koontz's books but this one was not for me. If anyone has read it let me know your thoughts. I can say I did enjoy it up on until the ending which was just ridiculous and extremely laughable. I feel this book had such potential and then it meandered off into something completely unexpected.

I hope this year I read more than 8 books, especially considering the quality of 3 of the books I read! Does anyone have any book recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment