Friday, September 27, 2013

Lipstick Review: Girl About Town


MAC Girl About Town lipstick


I have been building up to try more out there pinks. While I was in MAC innocently picking up a new foundation to replace one that had finished (see I do use things up!) I somehow ended up by the lipsticks.

Girl About Town has been on my wishlist for some time now. I decided to bite the bullet and just buy it. It is now my favourite lipstick and it gets alot of queries on nights out because it's so fabulous!

MAC Girl About Town lipstick
I adore their lipstick packaging


From the MAC website, they describe Girl About Town as a bright blue fuchsia. It has an amplified creme finish. This means they are creamy (moisturising) and well pigmented.


Before I apply Girl About Town, I first use a lip pencil to fill in my lips. This helps the lipstick last longer and prevents it from bleeding down your face. Not a good look!

Girl About Town

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get a photo of this lipstick on my lips because of the new lighting situation that faces us in A/W!!

The best I could is a swatch on my hand. I meant to a get a shot of it on my lips the day I was taking all these photos but shur! Distractions.

MAC Girl About Town swatch
Swatch

Just looking at my swatch above, I can actually see what MAC mean by bright blue fuchsia. I can see the blue undertones.

I absolutely love this colour. It is my favourite lipstick. My number one. My go to on nights out. I'm not brave enough to wear this during the day. I stick to corals or lip balms. I need to man up!

This is my second MAC lipstick and I have already added a third one :) What are your favourite MAC lipsticks or any other brand for that matter? I also love Rimmel lipsticks.

2 comments:

  1. Such an amazing vibrant color! I already had it on my list of MAC items to get but I've moved it up now :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful shade! I recently reviewed my favorite spring lip colors on my blog, www.samelia.com. Check it out and follow if you like

    ReplyDelete